A week into the new year, and here are some reflections on the previous year (from which there might be some resolutions made). I’m not entirely sure what form resolutions based on the reflections will take, but I feel like I need to reflect before I resolve.
1. 2014 was not a good year for me. While not the worst year in my life, it was pretty lousy. There were a lot of illnesses, disappointments, and financial hardships.
2. Career change is complicated, even if it’s to a field within the same discipline.
3. There will always be people that I cannot get along with, no matter what. I like to think of myself as pretty easy-going, but there are personalities that clash, and there’s nothing I can do about it.
4. I’m at my best when allowed to pursue creative (re: insane) ideas.
5. I’m at my happiest when I can realize creative ideas.