Okay, time to move it forward. I’ve reflected adequately, and here are the resolutions I’m willing to make public.
1. I will change careers this year. I’m not entirely sure how that will go, and I may still teach in some form, but I intend to change my primary means of income to something different.
2. I will once again make publishing a major focus of my life. The past couple of years have seen me wander away from the constant querying and involvement with the publishing world. I intend to change that. It’s time to get back into the game.
3. I will improve my health. I’m less interested in losing weight than I am gaining some fitness. This is going to be tough and take some new discipline and some enticements on my part.
4. I will embrace opportunity and take risks. Not giant, gargantuan risks, mind you. I’m not going to play the lottery, but I’m going to stretch myself outside of my comfort zone.
5. I’m going to enjoy living. It’s too easy to fall into the grind of trying to get by and sublimate passions. I’m going to get back to things I enjoy like reading books, seeing plays, and some modest travel.